Each week I create a new online radio podcast – answering a few of the many questions we receive. Here are some of this week’s questions you can hear discussed on Dan’s Online Radio Show.
I begin by talking about the Venn Diagram (like this image) model of business that I use – and how that may help you see multiple streams of income in whatever you are doing. I have seven revenue streams from different systems that are in place.
Then I discuss this first question at length: Can I be in “ministry” and still expect to make significant money? (Incidentally, my answer is a resounding “Yes.”)
1. Dan, I often hear you talk about how it is possible to earn more money than imagined by following your vocation first, followed by career then job. How does this earning more money philosophy fit for pastors and other ministry related professionals? (Have you ever heard of Rick Warren, T D Jakes or Joel Osteen?)
2. Dan, Should I put the price of my coaching services on my website and why or why not. (It depends)
3. My daughter is 13 yrs. old going into high school in the fall. Her class is the first class required to pick a major. How can I best help her? (How ridiculous – to force a 13 yr-old to chose a direction for life!)
4. In light of today’s economic climate, what are the best products to sell, or businesses that will best serve people’s needs? (Sell things people want; not what they need. You can make a living selling washing machines – you can get rich selling yachts or chewing gum.)
5. Dan, I have been a Realtor for the last sixteen years. I have almost always been self-employed and find it nerve-wracking to go out and look for a J O B as my wife insists. Any thoughts on where I might turn for encouragement and what else I might be good at? (Chances are you will never be again be happy with a JOB. You’ve seen too much.)
6. I’ve heard you talk about “risk reversal.” What is that and how can it be used in business? (Allow your customer to take the puppy home before having to pay for it…..)